Elena Vaenga on stage.
A photo: Larisa KUDRYAVTSEVA/EG
Elena Vaenga, who disappeared from TV and radio shows, became the next guest of the YouTube show “Caution: Sobchak”. It turned out that the singing star and socialite had many common themes: the show ran for 2.5 hours and Vaenga, usually neat with reporters, was extremely candid.
ON HOW I DIE WITH DR LISA
– I was called to Syria for a long time, but each time I was afraid to fly. They asked for the third time. I sat alone in the apartment and started thinking. She said to herself, “Don’t steal. It was just when the plane with the Alexander choir crashed (in December 2016, the plane flying to Syria crashed. On board was the singing and dancing ensemble of the Russian army named after AV Alexandrov, Elizaveta Glinka and other public figures. – Ed.). I was supposed to be on that plane.
ABOUT THE COMPANY PARTY WITH THE PRESIDENT
– I spoke at meetings of friends when he met with classmates. All the people are simple, from different cities. It was already the third meeting when he personally thanked me. The fact is that at my concerts I announce the team not only by name, but also by city. I sang a song and went to the kitchen to thank the chef for the delicious dishes. As I remember now: at that time I had already changed into pajamas, she had a hole in her shoulder. And in the kitchen I thanked everyone, I turn around – Vladimir Vladimirovich is standing: “Hello, Lenochka, I was looking for you. Thank you very much for flying. By the way, how is your pianist from Khabarovsk ” Danilov, it seems, is that his last name? A very good musician. Four years have passed since we last met, and he remembers the name of my pianist! Of course, I was in a stupor, saying “thank you very much” and covering the hole in my pajamas the whole time.
ABOUT LOVE FOR VLADIMIR PUTIN
– I’m very afraid that something will happen to him. I am afraid of this with animal fear. I only need him. Nobody can be like that. He is very strong, I am not afraid of him. If he’s gone, I don’t know what will happen to my country. And I prayed for my president, as for a loved one.
ABOUT UKRAINE CROSSINGS
– I was beaten in Ukraine, I was beaten normally. I was there on New Year’s Eve at a company party (we’re talking about 2012 – editor’s note), I spoke with Stas Mikhailov at President Yanukovych’s house. I came back on a private plane, landed at the airport in the Carpathians – Western Ukraine, this is important. I stayed in a small hotel with 20 rooms, I left the bedroom door open – my husband had to come upstairs later. By the way, I was pregnant at that time, the third month. But it turned out that in the next room the New Year was celebrated by a company – two guys, two girls. And suddenly a girl comes to me, drunk, explains something to me in her mother tongue, but I don’t understand anything. I said to him in Russian: “Get out, otherwise I can continue”. I tried to push her away and we argued. She turned out to be a boxer and beat me just because I was Russian.
ABOUT HOW I HIDDEN UNDER PUGACHEVA’S TABLE
– I never told Alla Borisovna about it. But there was a time when we were working on my music with famous producers, and she came to listen to something. And they hid me under the table. I experienced such humiliation. I sat under the table and thought something was wrong here. I did nothing wrong, why did they put me under the table? I still do not understand.
Ksenia Sobchak included several songs for the guest – both her own artists and others. It turned out that it did not seem: in some places outright plagiarism makes itself felt.
– Why did I steal a song from Gazmanov (2009 hit “Taiga” by Elena Vaenga turned out to be similar to Oleg Gazmanov’s song “At the Dawn”, which he wrote 10 years earlier – Approx.)? It’s horrible. This is the first time I realize now that they are similar, – admitted Vaenga. – But it’s directly stolen somewhere (about his song “Keys. – Ed.”) Does Pugacheva have something like that? Nope ? Sarukhanov?! Call the police! Only one thing forgives me. I’m not on purpose.
ABOUT THE BIGGEST PERFORMANCE PAYOUT
– No one has ever paid me 200,000 euros for a performance. It was 10 million rubles, and more than once. What sets me apart from others: I do my job not 100, but 200%. They ask me to sing for an hour, and I have two! For the same price.