As revealed by her personal trainer, the singer dances five times a week, even twice a day. We tell you the health benefits of dancing.
Many will wonder how Shakira be better than ever at your 40 years . The singer sports a slender, stylish and toned figure, but How is it?
anna kaiser the artist’s personal trainer, revealed that the secret is that Shakira plays dance lessons five times a week, up to twice a day.
According to him, his dance routines merge the aerobic technique with him music rhythm . Their internships last on average an hour and a half and must be constant.
Do this training with 90 minute dance intervals or combines cardio and strength flows . He has few breaks. two days a week practice twice and the other three days he only does one routine. Once you have a schedule and get into a daily routine, it’s much easier to move on,” Kaiser told Vogue.
The benefits of dancing
In addition to losing weight dance regularly help the heart : increases heart rate and improves lung capacity, since it is an aerobic exercise. It can also reduce the levels of cholesterol and helps prevent osteoporosis since the movements strengthen the bones.
Meanwhile, the dance will have an impact on the flexibility, strength and endurance; and will collaborate improve bad posture mainly caused by sedentary lifestyle.
Concerning the mind, dancing helps reduce stress since it produces more endorphins , also known as happiness hormones. It also has a positive impact on feelings of isolation and energy levels. Another advantage is that can increase self-esteem and thus increase sexual desire.
On the other hand, an investigation by German scientists linked the dance to a improved short and long term memory while another study suggested it may increase brain gray matter.
Some of the many benefits of dancing are:
- It’s funny. Many people say they have so much fun dancing that they forget they are exercising.
- Ideal supplement for diets to lose weight. It’s a powerful exercise that burns 600 to 1,000 calories in an hour.
- Tone the whole body. Many muscle groups are worked at the same time, so it is normal after a class to feel pain in different parts of the body.
- Improves cardiovascular endurance. These are aerobic exercises that increase the heart rate and other anaerobic exercises are also practiced (jumping for example) that aim to maintain a good respiratory and cardiovascular system.
- Reduce stress. In addition to getting rid of everyday worries (it’s hard to keep thinking about problems while dancing), studies show that exercise is effective in reducing fatigue, improve alertness, concentration and general cognitive function.
- Improves coordination. Arms and legs usually move in different directions, so doing the moves requires having good coordination . Repeated practice improves and with each class you become more comfortable with the movements.
- makes you happy. Every time you exercise, you release endorphins, which trigger positive feelings and affect your overall mood. Don’t be surprised to feel inexplicable happiness after a good Zumba class.
Zumba: 7 benefits of the method that merges dance and gymnastics
Since he was known in Argentina less than ten years ago, zumba It keeps adding subscribers. It is practiced in gymnasiums, clubs and squares, and it can also be done in a corner of the house. YouTube is full of tutorials and footage of all kinds, with choreographies, movements and instructions very easy to follow.
One of the keys to the success of this physical activity, according to Juan Quezada Saldana Zumba instructor, is the wave generated in each group. “Every class is a party” commented and added: “There are no requirements, although you exercise, the most important thing is that you have fun , have a good time. That’s why I always ask my students how they are doing, watch how everyone moves and adapt each routine to the level and needs of the group”.
The possibility that routines become easy to follow and that at the same time they represent a challenge is the great advantage of the method compared to others in which the objectives of dexterity, resistance and training of the body are perhaps greater. Zumba accepts everyone and everyone follows it at their own pace: the one who is tired can move with less intensity and the instructor will decide whether to introduce musical themes that allow lower the pulse after a demanding choreographic sequence.
The instructors are generally physical education teachers, sportsmen, dancers who undergo training to be able to teach classes of this method developed by the Colombian dancer and aerobics teacher beto perez better known as Shakira’s choreographer .