River’s coach was delighted with the 2-1 win over Colo Colo in Chile. He stressed that “despite recent setbacks”, the team is “in the fight for everything”.
the coach of River Plate , Marcelo Gallardo pointed out that his team lacked “a victory like today (last night) over Colo Colo to take a step forward in the Copa Libertadores” and that the 2-1 victory at the Monumental Darío Arellano stadium, in Santiago de Chile, “made him very happy for the players”.
“This victory made me very happy for the players, that they needed a match like this to strengthen themselves in the Copa Libertadores”, remarked Gallardo during the press conference after the victory with which the team of Núñez rose to the top of the Group F
“Although we made some mistakes, this time we didn’t pay for them like on other occasions. It made us feel safer as the game unfolded and, on the other hand, Colo Colo lowered the intensity of his game and calmed the enthusiasm of his people,” he explained.
The doll” was also very pleased “with the performance of midfielder Ezequiel Barco, author of a great goal, the second of the “millionaire” (the first was from the Cordoba striker Matías Suárez).
The goals of Matías Suárez and Esequiel Barco for the triumph of River against Colo Colo
“Barco went from low to high in the game (his goal was three minutes from the epilogue) but that made sense as he was out for almost three weeks with injury. He is very important in the collective game of the team and surely the goal he scored will give him confidence to give us all he can from now on,” appreciated the River Plate technician.
“For the moment, we fight well on all fronts, since in the Libertadores we were first in our group at the end of the first round and in the League Cup we are also in the quarter-final classification among the top four in zone 1. For this reason, Saturday’s match with Sarmiento in Junín it will be as important as it is difficult to achieve this goal, ”concluded Gallardo.
All the statements of Marcelo Gallardo after the victory of River against Colo Colo in the Copa Libertadores
- “In a Copa Libertadores game that was so, so, but so hard, it’s true that we weren’t quite well, but there was a reason why we missed so many passes at the start of our game :l The field was in very poor condition, the ball didn’t bounce well, we didn’t have that precision and yet we tried, there were mistakes at the start that could have taken us in worse conditions, but it didn’t work. is not produced”.
- “However, it seems to me that as the game progressed, we felt more comfortable, in the second half they lowered the great intensity that they tried to impose from the start, with their people, on their pitch and later, in the second half, we gradually took possession of the ball, with more possession, more approaches, even if we missed the final mesh, the same thing that happened to us in the first half, with close situations, but without concretization”.
- “I’m happy for the players, because they needed a game like this to do well in the Cup, and we ended up with a very nice victory, so I’m very happy”.
- “I see (Esequiel) Barco recovered and, although he went from minor to major, he ended up finishing a good game”.
- “We are in dispute over everything, yes we had a setback in the last two games but thanks to the victories we had before we are with the possibility of fighting in the zone of the top four of the tournament who will reach the classification, so we are in this fight”.
- “We have two games left in the League Cup. Saturday we will have a very difficult match (vs. Sarmiento, in Junín), on a difficult ground where there will be a lot of fights, with a rival who will propose that and you have to be ready to face this match. Now rest well after the great effort we made today, to recover, but with positive energy because we achieved a great victory”.
All the statements of Matías Suárez after the triumph of River against Colo Colo in the Copa Libertadores
- “Sometimes I have to play from the start, sometimes come in and when it’s your turn to come in, you have to be focused but you come with the advantage of having seen from the outside where you can attack or the difficulties that the opponent a. We have to take advantage of it and thank God, in these last games I had to come in and convert, but first I’m happy because the team had a great game and that’s the most important thing”.
- “Very happy to be able to play again, to be with the team. I’m gaining confidence and we always try to give the best, it’s good that when I have to come in to score a goal, it makes me very happy”.
Table of positions of all Copa Libertadores groups